Work Type/s: Contract, Full Time
Classification/s: Alcohol & Other Drugs,Communications & Marketing, Executive & Senior Management
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Canberra & ACT
Applications close: 17 February, 2017.
- Full-time, 12 month contract with the potential for extension;
- Join a national community organisation helping to make a difference to the health and human rights of people who use or have used illicit drugs!
- Competitive Salary Package $95,000 – $110,000 PLUS salary packaging options!
- An exciting opportunity to lead a small national peak organisation committed to achieving fundamental reform on issues of national significance!
About the opportunity
The Australian Injecting and Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL) currently has a rewarding opportunity for a passionate and dedicated Chief Executive to join their team in Canberra.
Reporting to the Board President, this position is responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the organisation and working in partnership with the Board of Governance and the broader community of people who use drugs to ensure that AIVL remains a leading contributor to harm reduction in Australia and Internationally.
Your varied responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Strategic and operational planning and implementation;
- Programs, projects and contract delivery;
- Internal and external stakeholder relations;
- Financial management and the management of other resources;
- Corporate and regulatory reporting and compliance, including compliance with the organisations’ Constitution;
- Advocacy, media and public relations; and
- National policy development, research and advocacy work.
About the organisation
The Australian Injecting & Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL) is the national organisation representing people who use/have used illicit drugs and is the peak body for the state and territory peer-based drug user organisations. The primary aim of AIVL is to promote the health and human rights of people who use or have used illicit drugs.
AIVL is committed to achieving fundamental reform of current drug laws and a re-orientation of the health system in relation to issues affecting people who use illicit drugs and people on medication assisted treatment. The organisaton undertakes a broad range of health promotion and disease prevention activities and programs and has a strong focus on addressing the stigma and discrimination injecting drug users experience, when accessing health care and other services.
AIVL operates on a peer-based, user-centred philosophy, which means the organisation is run by and for people who use/have used illicit drugs and proactively encourages and supports people who use illicit drugs and people on drug treatment to speak on their own behalf and have control of their own organisation.
More information can be found at www.aivl.org.au.
About the benefits
This is a unique opportunity to lead a dynamic national organisation and a small professional team who are committed to improving the health and human rights of people who use or have used illicit drugs.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with a competitive salary package, $95,000 to $110,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience
In addition, salary sacrificing options are also available to increase your take home pay!
Take the lead in this rewarding senior executive position and make a difference to the lives of people who use, or have used illicit drugs.
How to apply for this job
To apply for this job go to: AIVL.recruitmenthub.com.au & enter ref code: 3290056.
Please note, when applying, you must address each point in the selection criteria.
Applications close at 5pm, 17 February 2017.
Further information about this role is available by contacting Niki Parry (Board President), email address: email@example.com, or Mary Harrod (acting CE), email address firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Chief Executive enquiry.