The treatment of methapmetamine dependance is a controversial and emerging area in the Alcohol and Other Drug Sector as no widely used pharmacotherapy, or replacement medication, has widely been shown to be effective. Unfortunately, for people seeking treatment for methampetamine dependance, this creates a limited number of choices, namely detox or residential rehabilitation, yet these have both been shown to be limited in their effectivness. Below is a selection of articles, resources, research reports and papers on methamphetamines and the treatment of methamphetamine dependance.
- Of Substance – Methamphetamines, Rehab and Recovery – Rebecca McKetin (PDF, 173Kb)
- ANCD – Methamphetamine Position Paper (PDF, 203Kb)
- DoHA – Treatment Approaches for Users of Methamphetamines – Drug Strategy Branch (PDF, 432Kb)
- DoHA – National Phychostimulant Initiative – Drug Strategy Branch
- Methamphetamine Dependance and Treatment – Turning Point Alcohol & Drug Centre (PDF, 700Kb)