Write to Your Federal Member of Parliament

Writing a letter to your federal member of parliament can be a very effective way of bringing issues to their attention, getting action on a particular issue and/or having an impact on draft legislation and other issues being considered in the House of Representatives or the Senate.

If you want to write a letter to your local federal member or other members of parliament but need some help, see AIVL’s top 10 tips for writing to members of parliament

For information on the name, title and contacts details of federal parliamentarians see the following links:

  1. House of Representatives: Please scroll down to find the contact details for your local federal member of the House of Representatives.
  2. Senate:  Please scroll down to find the contact details for your state/territory federal members of the Senate.
  3. Ministers and Shadow Ministers:  Please scroll down to find the name and contact details for particular ministers and shadow ministers in the Australian Government. (This section also has information on “How to address a member of Parliament”)
  4. Electorates: To find which federal electorate you live in enter your postcode into the electorate searcher. You can then use the above links to find your local member.